Earl Haig

Type Of School Public
Name Of School Board/Private TDSB
School Registration Number 906450
City Nort
Full Address 100 Princess Avenue Toronto, Ontario, M2N 3R7 Canada
Phone Number (416) 395-3210
Program High School
Grades 9 - 12
Enrolment September, February
Population 2,048 (2017–18)
Website View website
Nearby stores Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Grocery Store, Bank, Gym, Community Centers

The original school was designed by the Toronto architectural firm of Craig and Madill and construction started in November 1929. The building officially opened in 1930 as Earl Haig Collegiate Institute. Additions were made in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. In 1961, the school changed its name from Earl Haig Collegiate Institute to Earl Haig Secondary School. It is currently the largest high school in the Toronto District School Board and the oldest high school in the former City of North York.

The Claude Watson Arts Program began in 1982. The program consists of dance, drama, music, film arts, and visual arts.

In 1996, the original building was demolished in sections to make way for a new building. This new building was designed around the original auditorium, Cringan Hall. Carruthers Shaw and Partners Limited, the same company that designed buildings at Queen's University and Upper Canada College, designed the new building, and Bondfield Construction was contracted to build the school. The new 29,000 m2 (310,000 sq ft) building was officially opened in September 1997 at a cost of $30,800,000.


Earl Haig

100 Princess Avenue, Toronto, North York, Ontario M2N 3R7, Canada

Photo Gallery:


There is no comment


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked